Staff Forum
In my opinion, ski resorts in Italy can be divided into this macroarea:
- Valle d'Aosta
- Nord-West of Italy
- Nord-Central of Italy
- Dolomites
- East Alps
- Appennini

I have not skied in all area but in many years of skiforum I have always read all reportage and I think that pros and cons of each area are:

Valle d'Aosta
- big vertical (dislivello, eppure lo dicono in tutte le guide ma non mi ricordo) "deep"
- snow season start from late october and last until the first weeks of may
- expensive tickets and aexpensive accomodations
attachment.php

Nord West of Italy (Piemonte)
- ambient and landscape is less beautiful than other north-Italy areas,
- nice slopes and nice off-piste (if someone tell you where nice lines are);

Nord-Central of Italy
- good vertical feet, better than dolomites, worst than valle d'aosta
- in Lombardia, nice reosrts, good accomodations, good lifts, good price
35871-07032009095.jpg

Dolomites
- in my opinion the best place in the world, extraordinary landscape, impressive colors, unforgettable sunsets, locals are simply lovable (if you respect the rules)
- too many people in february
- little connections by train, roads and airports
41243-rozes-18.jpg

East Alps
- you can find the wildest environment
- impressive landscapes
- nice slopes
- in the middle days of teh weeks, quite empty slopes
39545-joffuart033.jpg

Appennini
- marvellous environment
- many people on slopes, expecially in the weekends
34518-p1000929.jpg

Dear Fabio, remember that you can also ski on the wanderful setting of the Etna's volcano!
Snow conditions are good from December to April and you can ski watching the blu sea of Sicily!

February 2009
skialp_nebrodi_%20(10).JPG

skialp_nebrodi_%20(6).JPG

for the visitors of italy the best resort to begin is BRUNCU SPINA in FONNI (NUORO SARDINIA) sea and snow like ALASKA
27900-alaska-004.jpg

this is the webcam when I'm gone:arf:

Ultima modifica:
stay in the north italy, forget something else ^^

don't listen this suggestion,of sure the Alps are the best mountains in Italy, but there are many beautiful places in the "Appennini" (north,center and southern)
:D
This is a picture of the best resort in the center-south Italy Roccaraso

Thanks Zobo for this picture!

The best mountains in Italy are the Dolomites, which in fact were made World Heritage Site (patrimonio dell' UNESCO) ...and it is not a coincidence...

Unfortunately the Dolomites area is very pricey, in terms of accomodations, plus public transports are not that good, although you can get to places like Zoldo, Cortina, Padola and Auronzo quite easily and inexpensively by train from Venice and Padua which are well connected in terms of airports, trains and motorways..

Unfortunately the Dolomites area is very pricey, in terms of accomodations, plus public transports are not that good, although you can get to places like Zoldo, Cortina, Padola and Auronzo quite easily and inexpensively by train from Venice and Padua which are well connected in terms of airports, trains and motorways..

I think that Dolomites area isn't so pricey, it depends by the accomodation you choose.
Last season I have never spent more than 38Euros in half pension in Hotel/Garnì 3*** accomodation, also the quality of lifts and accomodations is very hight.
Skibus are free.
Dolomites are connected with the other city by Bozen Dolomiti Airport, Eurostar train and bus services and the roads are always good.

So please NON SCRIVERE MINCHIATE sulle dolomiti

i will stay in Alta Badia (but not ski in / ski out) from 18 until 26 Dec. and i will pay 186 Euro, for 8 nights (two person) in appartment inc. taxes, final cleaning etc

186 is NOT EXPENSIVE...

if you will come in Greece you have to pay maybe 120 Euro for ONE NIGHT for a doubleroom or small appartment....

and in Greece you have to make a 40 min. drive (at least), to go to a ski resort with 10 or 15 km of slopes...
i will make a 7-8 min. drive, to go to Alta Badia resort and from there to Sella etc....