competition, as well as many ski trips and small expedition in
search of powder.

If you can meet me in Trento or call me when you plan to go
somewhere nearby (I still do not have a car) I would live to try out
your powder!

Keep the rhytm,
George
cell: 334 3558933

P.S. Scuzi per inglese. Mio italiano non e bene ancora.

Welcome in Skiforum!!!
I know there are some people on the forum who love skiing out of ski slopes.
I know "Gotamart" often skies out of ski-slopes in the woods of Andalo, and Andalo is near Trento.
I don't know any other places to practice freeride near trento.

Bye.

gorgoBG ha detto:
I am student in University of Trento and I am looking for somebody
to freeski in your lovely mountains.

I come from Bulgaria, where I have a freeskiers association (see
www.befsa.com) and we also organize international freeskiing
competition, as well as many ski trips and small expedition in
search of powder.

If you can meet me in Trento or call me when you plan to go
somewhere nearby (I still do not have a car) I would live to try out
your powder!

ciao george
welcome to italy!

I gave a look to your website: great site and grat pictures!

I often ski close to trento, especially in andalo (about 30 km from trento) since my parents live there. Actually, I live in Bologna that is 300K far from trento so I can come over there only in the weekends. Andalo is not a big resort but there are some nice off piste especially in the woods. At the moment is one of place with more snow on the alps (that does not mean that you can find powder :( ). There are just a few freeskier up there, mainly telemarkers. You can give a call to Simone that is a UIAGM certified guide that lives in Molveno. He has a website http://www.molveno.it/telemark/. He is organizing a freeride camp for the last week of the month in collaboration with ortovox.
Another nice spot is folgarida marilleva that is about 1 hour from trento and can be reached by train. I have a good friend that ski there and that is in this forum too. His nickname is spazzauovo (his real name is antonio and he is a great freestyler!) and I think that now he works in trento so you can get directly in touch with him.
This weekend and the next I will be busy teaching ski-mountaneering so I probably will not come over to andalo. I hope to be there in the last week end of the month. We are also planning some steep skiing in the dolomites colouirs for the second week of february...if you are interested please give me a call.
How long are you planning to stay in trento?

I hope to do some powder skiing with you

peace and powder

gotamart

Hello George...
nice to find you here!!!! I'm a "free" telemarker I knew your web site since a couple of years ago, maybe slightly less!!!!

Well, I hope we will have some turns together

(one of my travelling ideas was to come and ski in the est of europe ) :wink:

gorgoBG ha detto:
Thank you all for the warm welcome and the information. I hope to see you and ski with you in the deep powder..... is the snow coming sooon??

George,

first of all welcome, but be fast in learning Italian as we can't spend our nights looking through dictionaries and translate :lol:

second, we will be glad to inform you of what is going to happen around Trento 8)

third, as far as the snow is concerned, you should know that Italians are great in everything - but for miracles you should ask the old man above ........

:wink:

gorgoBG ha detto:
Thank you all for the warm welcome and the information. I hope to see you and ski with you in the deep powder..... is the snow coming sooon??

http://www.snow-forecast.com/maps/alps_3days.shtml... may be next 6 days :think:

May be i'll try out Andalo woods this weekend!

ciao george

unfortunately, no snow for at least 10 days :wall:

I do not know if you can still find some powder in andalo, since the last snowfall was 20 days ago....anyway, the best place to try is on the Fai della paganella sector, on the left side of the new chairlift. Just follow the tracks that goes into the wood from the top of the chairlift and follow them until you get to a gravel road that head you to the starting of the chairlift. There are no big rockbands in that area so you can mainly ski wherever you prefer

good skiing

gotamart

Ciao gotamart,

Grazie mille per advices for Fai della paganella. I will "explore" this new terrian (new for me!)

By the way, do I need to buy any mountain rescue/safety insurance or my normal student one is OK? What is the number to call if you are in trouble and away from pists?

Ciao,
G

ciao george

hope you had good skiing in andalo

the emergency number is 118 and is the same all over italy and for any kind of rescue

you can buy a safety insurance with the skipass but will not cover for any off-piste skiing. If you need any helicopter rescue you have to pay a lot unless you are member of the alpine club of Italy (CAI) or of any alpine club recognized by CAI.

ciao

gotamart

Andalo woods

It is snowing in Trento!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Andalo was nice. The snow was not much... but I still was able find some powder in the wood :) I can see the potential of this place when there is a lot of snow.... I hope this weekend it will be the day.

Hope to see you there!
G

ciao george

unfortunately I will not be in andalo next weekend, but the snowforecast says that a lot of snow is coming for next week so maybe I'll skip work :twisted: and come over for some powder skiing.

The best skiing is on the top section but you need a lot of snow to cover the small trees....otheray you have to ski in the woods

peace and powder

gotamart