Where can we ski in Italy from the closing of "winter resorts" until may?
Most of the "winter" resorts have already closed even if the snow conditions are very good. In dolomites, the area that i better known Arabba - Marmolada resort closed on 11th of april with around a minimum of 50 cm of snow on all slopes.
"Pre-summer" ski resorts in Italy are:
- Val Senales: I skied in Val Senales in april 2005 and the snow conditions was simply marvellous, some 50 cm of new powder snow covered the slopes from 2600 m.
- Solda all'Ortles: this resort has 2 big lifts that start from 2600 m and climb up to 3200; the near glaciers cold the area and assicure the snow up to may;
- Faloria - Cortina d'Ampezzo: this resort has 1 or 2 lift that serve some very nice slopes; usually snow conditions are very good until the end of april;
- Pian dei Fiacconi - Marmolada; this lift start from 2000 m and climb the queen of dolomites up to 2600; snow is assured until the first week of may;
- Cervinia: the highest glacier skiare in Italy and maybe in Europe;
- Passo Tonale - Presena
I don't know the closing dates for Resorts in Friuli Venezia Giulia (East of Italy). In Austria Stubai Valley remains open until summer. In France Val Thorens has open lifts up to the first week of may. In Switzerland I think that Laax and other glacier based resorts like Soelden could extend the season up to the end of may.
Diavolezza until 30/5
Corvatsch until 1 or 8 may
In Italy also Livigno , MAcugnaga Monte Moro and perhaps the little resort San Domenico di Varzo (2550-2000 high slopes, closed area 2000-1400); last year Praly (1400-2500 ) until july with hight solpes (2550-2000) , I' don't know this year how they are organized
www.nuova13laghi.com (it's still snowing now, and weather forecast are snow for all week ! , since several days ,look to the webcam - snow report 70-100 cm)