Val Senales

turms

Whats your opinion for 12-17 March skiing?

I am thinking to go to ValSenales...

do you think i migh find bad weather?
or it is ok because of high altitude?

Ciao Turms, in my opinion in that period it's not necessary to ski on a glacier.
In Val Senales you can ski only in a few and easy slopes for 4 days, very boring!! Much and much better to go to Canazei (Val di Fassa), Val Gardena or Val Badia... every day you can ski in a different and hard slopes! And also the view it's really wonderful!! In my opinion Val Senales it's not a good choice
Sorry for my bed english!

Sorry for my english.
What are you looking for? If you are looking for a 4 day of hard skiing in worderful winter snow Val Senales is the perfect choose. The resort has a 1200m of vertical drop and all slopes are over 2000 m. The whether in march will be perfect, not too cold, probably sunny and without crowded slopes. Cons are that the resort is quite small, far from other resorts (the nearest maybe is Merano 2000).

573-sciare-val-senales-piste.jpg

Canazei and Dolomites' resorts are bigger, with a bigger variety of slopes but in the first 2 weeks of march you can find crowded slopes, wet and heavy snow in the lower slopes.

But the ambient of Dolomites is so charming that I would try to find an accomodation in Val di Fassa o Arabba, two small cities near Marmolada.

547-belvedere-di-canazei.jpg

Sorry for my english.
What are you looking for? If you are looking for a 4 day of hard skiing in worderful winter snow Val Senales is the perfect choose. The resort has a 1200m of vertical drop and all slopes are over 2000 m. The whether in march will be perfect, not too cold, probably sunny and without crowded slopes. Cons are that the resort is quite small, far from other resorts (the nearest maybe is Merano 2000).

thats excatly what i want...

my wife is not so good in skiing...i am looking for the perfect conditions...
sun...good quality of snow...easy slopes...
not big resort...

thanx a lot

Speriamo non sia la prima volta che viene a sciare in Italia altrimenti....
In inverno con tutti i posti che ci sono andare in Val Senales insomma..... ma i gusti son gusti... certo che scrivere è la scelta perfetta!

Well, in March you still have a lot of choice.
Personally i would check some altenatives to Val Senales.
The plus for Val Senales is that you can find not crowdy slopes and good snow conditions for sure.
On the other side, in case of wind/ bad weather the resort is a bit limited.
Perhaps, if you are worried about snow conditions you can evaluate as alternative Livigno.

i know about Livingo...but i will go to Munchen and then by car...i prefer somewhere in S.Tirol....

i didnt find other alternatives..

i want to find:
- good snow-conditions
- not over crowded
- blue slopes (i will go with my wife)
- not so expensive...

if you have anything else in mind, then...

You can find optimal snow condition in March at Livigno (free-tax resort, ideal for shopping) , Bormio (with 3 thermal alternatives, very good for women ...) , La Thuile (near Courmayeur) and Valtournanche-Cervinia-Zermatt ; I think that these resorts are better than Val Senales, with same quality of snow (bigger, with several easy slopes, and more interesting for after-skiing).

We want your photos and your detailed report !!!

Welcome in Italy

i know about Livingo...but i will go to Munchen and then by car...i prefer somewhere in S.Tirol....

i didnt find other alternatives..

i want to find:
- good snow-conditions
- not over crowded
- blue slopes (i will go with my wife)
- not so expensive...

if you have anything else in mind, then...

Garmisch?

In Italy (but it's not "real Italy"... more "german" than "italy") you can see Resia, San Valentino alla Muta , Maseben in Val Venosta; also Vipiteno (with Racines) or Bressanone (with Plose), a few km near the highway . German language here is more frequent than Italian ... In Alta Valtellina (BORMIO-LIVIGNO) you can find 100% "italia" (and very good italian ltipical food such as pizzoccheri, sciatt, bresaola, polenta, local cheese, good wine)

Garmisch?

In Italy (but it's not "real Italy"... more "german" than "italy") you can see Resia, San Valentino alla Muta , Maseben in Val Venosta; also Vipiteno (with Racines) or Bressanone (with Plose), a few km near the highway . German language here is more frequent than Italian ... In Alta Valtellina (BORMIO-LIVIGNO) you can find 100% "italia" (and very good italian ltipical food such as pizzoccheri, sciatt, bresaola, polenta, local cheese, good wine)

Garmisch dont have enougl blue slopes...

the resort in Val Venosta you think will have good snow conditions during March?

Garmisch dont have enougl blue slopes...

the resort in Val Venosta you think will have good snow conditions during March?

I have never skied there, but the highest quote is 2800mt , and several slopes are over 1800mt ; moreover the area near Austria (or Switzerland) is coldest than the area near Pianura Padana such as Prealpi beacause the south wind called Scirocco have a very low impact in northern resort, and the north frozen wind called "Tramontana" make snow and cold in resort on the line Svizzera-Austria but it change itself in "Phoen" for all others Alpine (italian) resorts ; phoen make very blue sky but higher (!) temperatures: It is possible, for example, you can find (with north wind) bad snowstorm in Livigno, Bormio, Brennero, Val Venosta, Solda, val Senales, valle Aurina with temp -10 at 1200mt but in a few kilometres (20-30km) in south directions having +10° at 1600mt and sun shining and very dry air (dry air help snow to fight against warm sun, but after a week of phoen you can have some problems for snow conditions, that became "spring snow").

You can find optimal snow condition in March at Livigno (free-tax resort, ideal for shopping) , Bormio (with 3 thermal alternatives, very good for women ...) , La Thuile (near Courmayeur) and Valtournanche-Cervinia-Zermatt ; I think that these resorts are better than Val Senales, with same quality of snow (bigger, with several easy slopes, and more interesting for after-skiing).

We want your photos and your detailed report !!!

Welcome in Italy

yeap...all these are better than Val Senales but far away from Munchen airport...
i prefer to go to Italy for skiing, but somewhere near Austria with easy access with car...somewhere near Bolzano

yeap...all these are better than Val Senales but far away from Munchen airport...
i prefer to go to Italy for skiing, but somewhere near Austria with easy access with car...somewhere near Bolzano

Have a look in "report and fotoreportage" or in "località italiane-Dolomiti" in this forum.
Vipiteno, Merano and Bressanone are on the highway line; I know their characteristics only by internet; I prefer Lombardia, Switzerland and Valle d'Aosta for my ski-days

Ultima modifica:
Val Venosta looks very promising...
i hope it is not so crowded as Corvara, Val Gardena and other resorts in the area....