Scott Crusade tele binding mount position

woolleybugger

Excusi for no Italiano. Australian with no Italiano
A google translate to Italian translation

Sto per acquistare la Crociata Scott da 179 a montare come telemark con 7TM tour potere. Questi sci hanno ottime recensioni da scialpinisti. Ma non riesco a trovare molte informazioni da chi ha montato questa telemark sci. Si tratta di uno sci unico nelle sue dimensioni 133 / 93 / 122 e un raggio di 15 metri per scolpire. Non molti gli sci con la vita 93 millimetri può ritagliarsi un raggio di 15 metri. Quindi la mia domanda è dove si monta la tele vincolante per massimizzare il massimo da questo sci. Per guidare la polvere, CRUD, e scolpire in pista come un fremito uno sci. Non si va pin sulla linea degli accordi, punto di equilibrio, centro di avvio sul marchio alpine. Volendo sentire da chi ha esperienza su questo sci.
Sarò teleing a Limone Piemonte in questa stagione. Sono basati Genova per l'inverno. Mesage me se vuoi un tele da qualche parte.
Any answer in Inglise or Italian as i can use Google translate
I am about to purchase the Scott Crusade 179 to mount as telemark with 7TM power tours. These skis have great reviews from alpine skiers. But i cannot find much information from anyone who has mounted this ski telemark. It is a unique ski in its dimensions 133 / 93/ 122 and a 15 meter radius to carve. Not many skis with 93mm waist can carve out a 15 m radius. So my big question is where do you mount the tele binding to maximise the most out of this ski. To ride the powder, crud, and carve on piste as a one ski quiver. Do you go pins on chord line, balance point, boot center on alpine mark. Wanting to hear from anyone who has experience on this ski.
I will be teleing at Limone piedmont this season. I am Genova based for winter. Mesage me if you want to go for a tele somewhere this season.

Excusi for no Italiano. Australian with no Italiano
A google translate to Italian translation

Sto per acquistare la Crociata Scott da 179 a montare come telemark con 7TM tour potere. Questi sci hanno ottime recensioni da scialpinisti. Ma non riesco a trovare molte informazioni da chi ha montato questa telemark sci. Si tratta di uno sci unico nelle sue dimensioni 133 / 93 / 122 e un raggio di 15 metri per scolpire. Non molti gli sci con la vita 93 millimetri può ritagliarsi un raggio di 15 metri. Quindi la mia domanda è dove si monta la tele vincolante per massimizzare il massimo da questo sci. Per guidare la polvere, CRUD, e scolpire in pista come un fremito uno sci. Non si va pin sulla linea degli accordi, punto di equilibrio, centro di avvio sul marchio alpine. Volendo sentire da chi ha esperienza su questo sci.
Sarò teleing a Limone Piemonte in questa stagione. Sono basati Genova per l'inverno. Mesage me se vuoi un tele da qualche parte.
Any answer in Inglise or Italian as i can use Google translate
I am about to purchase the Scott Crusade 179 to mount as telemark with 7TM power tours. These skis have great reviews from alpine skiers. But i cannot find much information from anyone who has mounted this ski telemark. It is a unique ski in its dimensions 133 / 93/ 122 and a 15 meter radius to carve. Not many skis with 93mm waist can carve out a 15 m radius. So my big question is where do you mount the tele binding to maximise the most out of this ski. To ride the powder, crud, and carve on piste as a one ski quiver. Do you go pins on chord line, balance point, boot center on alpine mark. Wanting to hear from anyone who has experience on this ski.
I will be teleing at Limone piedmont this season. I am Genova based for winter. Mesage me if you want to go for a tele somewhere this season.

ciao!
my english is not so good...

i use the crusade 189 in tele from 2009.
my start position is with the pin line on chord center, but, i've found no maniability.

now i use this skis with Hammer head, and i have placed the pin line position 2.5cm forward from the crs (center running surface)
now the maniability is increased and in soft snow i found good sensations. on piste is incredible fast and is easy to carve everywhere!!!

i think this is my best setup ever.

Ultima modifica:
Hi There!

sorry but I didn't get if you're an "aussie" based in Liguria or what! ;)

In case, welcome onboard, and I'll be glad to find a way to meet us together!

I free my heels always in the NW. ;)

C ya!

Grazie 4810, this is good news that your skis are good with the new position. Pin line +2.5 cm of CRS. Does that put the ball of your foot on the CRS do you think. And does the crusade have a mark on the ski for boot center. Do you think that your tele boot center is close to the mark on the ski.
The exact tele boot center is 1/2 way from pin holes to the back of boot.
You do have good english. But i didnt understand MANIABILITY. But i think it means good feelings??
Grazie

Hi There!

sorry but I didn't get if you're an "aussie" based in Liguria or what! ;)

In case, welcome onboard, and I'll be glad to find a way to meet us together!

I free my heels always in the NW. ;)

C ya!

Chow Helix
Yeah aussie based in Genova for the winter, so i suppose limone Piedmont will be my local hill. about 1.5 hours from Genova. But looking to ski all over Italy. Heading up to Prato Nevosa this saturday for 1st turns of the season. I can feel the quad burn now. Where are you based and which resorts do you hit.

Chow Helix
Yeah aussie based in Genova for the winter, so i suppose limone Piedmont will be my local hill. about 1.5 hours from Genova. But looking to ski all over Italy. Heading up to Prato Nevosa this saturday for 1st turns of the season. I can feel the quad burn now. Where are you based and which resorts do you hit.

Hi there! logistically speaking, Genova isn't of course the best starting point for skiing.. :D

Limone is about 2.5 hours from there, and it should be taken into account a lot of quirky road.. :D

Prato Nevoso is a better place, 2 hours flat of which 3/4 highways: a nice point there, is that during opening season they get some nights opening! Pretty cheap, and fun too. ;)

All the rest (Via Lattea, Val d'Aosta) in the NW seems to be in reach within 3 hours though.

I am going to spend the winter in Prali, a small resort (steep :twisted:) along the road for Sestriere.

Quad burning 4ever! ;)

Grazie 4810, this is good news that your skis are good with the new position. Pin line +2.5 cm of CRS. Does that put the ball of your foot on the CRS do you think. And does the crusade have a mark on the ski for boot center. Do you think that your tele boot center is close to the mark on the ski.
The exact tele boot center is 1/2 way from pin holes to the back of boot.
You do have good english. But i didnt understand MANIABILITY. But i think it means good feelings??
Grazie

now i don't remember the EXACT position of my tele boot center, but i think approx 2.5cm forward from the marked center of the ski (scarpa t.race 290 MP boot).

on my other skis (BD voodoo) i have a "old" position, with center boot 3.5cm back from center ski (i use this skis on tele-skialp with skins and i think is better to walk) but i need to try a avanced position on this skis to...

when you are in valle d'aosta, call me!!!